Important information about CE MARKING
- From 1st July 2013 it will be mandatory for any construction product, covered by a harmonised European Standard (hEN) containing a 'ZA' annexe, to carry a Declaration of Performance (DoP) and a CE mark.
- Products not covered by hENs but with a European Technical Approval (ETA) may be CE marked.
- Products not falling under the scope of a hEN or ETA must not carry a CE mark. However most construction products will eventually have a harmonised European Standard.
- Standard format clay brick and pavers have been covered by hENs since 2003 and Ibstock bricks have been CE marking since then.
- Although bespoke and 'one off' special products will not fall under the scope of the hEN and require CE marking, Special Shaped bricks generally will and must carry the CE marking.
- CE marking is not a 'quality' standard, it simply confirms that a product has been manufactured to a performance standard that defines the characteristics of the product.
What it means for Ibstock stockists:
Our bricks and pavers are supplied in packs of multiple units. When those packs are sold or opened and sold on in smaller quantities, it will be the responsibility of the distributor to ensure that they pass on the relevant CE marking and Declaration of Performance information to the product’s final destination. Ibstock will ensure that all necessary information will be readily accessible to help our customers meet their legal obligations.
Tilebrick is an extruded clay unit with clever profiled edges and a tile shaped front face. It is a highly durable product which is frequently used between the first floor and the eaves. Tilebrick is available in two lengths that coordinate with conventional masonry, three different profiles and a variety of colours, creating a monolithic appearance without a visible mortar joint.
More information on Tilebrick.
Adding a new dimension to building design in the UK, the new 'Exclusives Range' from leading brick manufacturer, Ibstock, has been specifically developed to offer architects and specifiers exciting and inspirational bricks that are like nothing else currently on the market.
Read more about the new Ibstock Exclusives range
Available in two ranges, glazed bricks are increasingly being used in domestic and commercial applications. The Colour range consists of seven vibrant gloss colours which includes the London White, an essential option for restoration projects. The Colour Select range is available in almost any RAL colour with a number of finishes to choose from including the new salt glaze finish for projects that require extra curb appeal. More information about Glazed Bricks.
Elementix Rainscreen Cladding
Included in Ibstock's extensive product portfolio is a range of rainscreen cladding. A number of options are available to choose from including Elementix express which is a cost effective and easy to i nstall option, Elemetix eco-freedom that has a recycled content of 94% and Elementix colour which is available in almost any RAL colour.
Specifying an Ibstock rainscreen cladding system means that you will benefit from the experience and expertise of the UK's largest brick manufacturer, including a Contact Management service, the technical department and a team of experienced design advisors.
Available in a range of colours and sizes, Elementix rainscreen cladding offers architects an unrivalled choice in facade finishes.
More information about rainscreen cladding can be found on the Elementix section of the website.
BrickShield is an external wall insulation system that uses a highly durable and unique Rockwool Insulation board and real brick slips.
Read more about BrickShield External Wall Insulation System
Demonstrating the company's ongoing dedication to sustainable building, the UK's largest brick manufacturer, Ibstock, has been awarded a rating of ‘very good’ across all of its brickworks for the responsible sourcing standard, BES 6001.
In 2010, Ibstock became the first UK brick manufacturer to achieve a level of ‘very good’ for the important standard when its Dorket Head factory in Nottingham was assessed.
Click here to learn more about Ibstock achieving BES 6001 across the board